This blog is in chill-mode, but you'll still find archived posts and book updates/events.

[ FAQ ][ Hunk Gallery ][ Knocktionary ][ Ask a DB Momma ][ Stillbirth Theme Song] [ Contact Me] [ KuKd: THE BOOK]

Sunday, July 20, 2008

KuKd Side Effect #2: Peeing with Gusto!

Hi Guests and KuKd Mommas!

As we prepare to load up our bikes and head to Riga, the Latvian capital which we've heard is infested with drunk British frat boys, I thought I'd leave you with one quick tidbit to mull over. Something to lighten up the depressing tenor of my last post, in the spirit of totally embarrassing myself - my specialty.

Another side effect that I've had the joy of experiencing since KuKd#2 is that I can't hold my pee as long as I used to be able to. Ladies with babies, is this a baby-having thing? Or is it somehow stress-related (a favorite diagnosis of all my doctors)? Or am I just getting old? Whatever the cause, suffice to say that sneezing or laughing hard are sometimes, um, fraught with peril. And road trips with K are very much about the rest stops. I'm always aware of when the next one's coming.

My next idea for a new invention, other than a mouth guard with string that attaches to the ceiling so that it doesn't get lodged in your wind pipe (I'm calling it "Choke No More"), is what I would call a Ladies Travellin' Pee-Buddy. I've told some of you about this idea before, but allow me to explain again. Basically, it would be designed to allow frequently-peeing women to go on long road trips without stopping at rest stops every hour or two. It would consist of a suction-cup thingy that you sit directly on top of and pee into, with a plastic clear tube goes out the window, which is cracked open an inch. So when you had to go pee, you'd just go, right there in the car, and your urine would get siphoned automatically out the tube and out the window in a glistening stream. Brilliant!

Now, for the record, there is something similar on the market - but nothing that gives you that awesome siphoning action.

6 comments:

Shaz said...

Oh please I'll volunteer for the clinical trials ok? I think my husband will pay you to let me participate, he's so sick of me always having to stop somewhere for the loo!

julian + jen said...

um, my sister-in-law sells adult diapers. i'm sure i can get you a stash.

Kristen said...

I've heard that Kegels are the best medicine for this.

I love that TravelMate, by the way. I'm so curious about what you searched on to make that come up. :-)

Nora Dalasta said...

I used to pride myself on being able to hold in my pee for several hours. (Such a lame thing to be proud of, but elementary school teachers are hard core like that!) That came to an end about 6 months into pregnancy and hasn't really gotten better. In fact, I'll share that this morning, I peed myself a bit while making breakfast! Off to find a mop and do some kegels...

Sara said...

I think they have something similar for female pilots and astronauts. Maybe you can modify the technology for the humble car/bike?

it's definitely a baby-having thing. . .

Anonymous said...

After awhile, frequent rest stops become the norm. I call the pre-pee, go when opportunity arises because you know you'll have to soon even if you don't have to now.