This blog is in chill-mode, but you'll still find archived posts and book updates/events.

[ FAQ ][ Hunk Gallery ][ Knocktionary ][ Ask a DB Momma ][ Stillbirth Theme Song] [ Contact Me] [ KuKd: THE BOOK]

Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Cool

Quick filler news-byte:

EEEEEE!!! Somebody pinch me please.

Regarding today's earlier post (see below): all is cool on the ultrasound front. Even the lab-coat-clad technicians were smiling. KuKd gals in this "pregnancy-after-loss" category like me, well, we take what we can get. Little things - little words like "normal" - get us all pumped up and make us blast Jay-Z in the living room and shake our butts. Which I did - or started to do - until I just about injured myself. It simply astounds me that the word "normal" can appear on a KuKdx3 gal's chart. Amazes me, really. We've done nothing to prepare for this baby - zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. What do we do with all this unexpected...normalcy?

I might still make a pie this week anyway, AND have that KuKd goth dance party with the nipple piercing station in the corner. If this baby really comes into the world, I need to figure out how to keep Zachary alive in my body, mind, soul, household at the same time. My history of baby-death still weaves itself in and out of me like a black ribbon, not to ever be shed or let to, even as cautious hope for new life creeps in. So they need to coexist: that past, this future.

But that's a whole 'nother post.

And now...PIE!

17 comments:

sbi said...

"Normal" -- the other white meat. ;-) Reading the bliss loud and clear in your post and am doing an obligatory booty-shake in my office chair right now in mutual celebration. Cheers!

KuKd Chick said...

"Normal - the other white meat" LOL!!!

Chris said...

Woohoo! We do still owe you big box of boy clothes.

Sonya said...

I've got to say. It felt GREAT to read how normal you are.

;)

S.

Sharon said...

Noraml! FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for your Mon! I so get why the words normal would make you shake your ass!

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I am sooo happy for you too. But I also want to say I love that last paragraph, "IF this baby.....this future". It's just plain old beautifully written and you are so right. It's something that I'm struggling with a bit at the moment. Anyway it is too hot here for dancing, but when it's still light at 7pm (and a lot cooler) I might attempt it! Just picture me dancing inside my head :) The tiny dancer in there is a lot better than the real me anyway!
xxxx

'Murgdan' said...

Suuuuuweeeeet. I love 'normal' on you. :-) Can't wait for the day you're holding that little piece of normal in your arms...

Barbara said...

Normal is the new cool.

Phew.

xxx

Word verification: Mogemgo. Just in case you're still looking for names.

angie said...

Normal rocks. I read this post the the Jicama one. Now I want Mexican food and a pecan pie.

YAY, little dude, keep on keeping on. You can still have a goth dance party, because it is always time to rediscover Joy Division. XO

KuKd Chick said...

Angie - yeah. Joy Division - I still can never think of any of their songs except "that one."

Barbara - nice. Trying to wrap my brain around that as a possible name for a kid...

Sara said...

doing a happy dance!

Pundelina said...

Hooray! I am so glad to hear that everything is right in your world. What a blessed relief!

:o)


(Oh btw, feel free to list me in your bloggedy-goodness-list-for-IFers.)

Jill Kitchen said...

Jicama... now there's an idea for a name! Very Gywneth Paltrow.

Sorry I've been so terrible about the commenting, but rest assured that I read every post and send positive thoughts your way.

Wishing you continued blissful normalcy...

Jill

Michelle said...

YAY Normal...what a beautiful word!!

Kristen said...

Yippeekayyay!

Hope852 said...

Oh wow Mon ... I really never knew I was holding my breath until I let it out after reading that post. From someone on the other side of the world who has never met you, I amaze myself at how much your life so eloquently captured in this blog has come to mean to me.

Please do me a favour and google "Perfect Strangers Dance of Joy" on You Tube - not sure if you remember that show - You guessed it....I'm doing it right now ;)

KuKd Chick said...

Nice, Hope 852- that sounds intriguing. Googling it now. :-)